Accessible Customer Service Plan
Scholar’s Choice is committed to service excellence to all customers including people with disabilities. We treat all employees and customers with dignity and respect and we strive to provide an environment that provides equal access and opportunity for everyone.
Providing Goods and Services to Persons with Disabilities:
We will ensure that persons with disabilities have equal access to goods and services and we will endeavor on an ongoing basis to identify barriers and provide remedies to ensure we maintain equal access.
We will address where possible the use of assisted devices and other options that enhance accessing our goods and services by persons with disabilities.
Guide Dogs, Service Animals and Service Dogs:
We will ensure that persons with disabilities that are accompanied with service animals have equal access to all public areas of our operations.
We will ensure that persons with disabilities that are required to be accompanied by a support person will be allowed to be accompanied by that person on our premises.
Notice of Service Disruptions:
We will ensure that in the event of a planned or unplanned service disruption (example washrooms), Scholar’s Choice will notify customers on a timely basis. We will post a notice of this disruption at the front entrance of our premises. The notice will identify the reason and anticipated duration of the disruption and possible alternative options if available.
Customers who wish to provide feedback or direct questions about our policies and procedures of how we service persons with disabilities can email us or by telephone or in writing. All feedback will be directed to the appropriate persons within our organization and we will respond within 2 business days. Any complaints we receive will be addressed in accordance with our standard complaint resolution process.
We will ensure that all employees receive appropriate training in accordance to all applicable legislation in the jurisdictions that we operate. All employees in Ontario will receive training pertaining to serving and interacting with persons with disabilities. Specifically the training will consist of the following:
- Orientation training will occur as soon as practical.
- Training will be updated as changes in policies and procedures occur.
- Training will include:
- Review Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the requirements of the legislation.
- Review Scholar’s Choice internal Accessible Customer Service Plan
- Review how to communicate and interact with persons with various disabilities
- Review how to interact with persons with disabilities that may use available assistive devices or require assistance from a service animal or support person.
- Review the procedures for dealing with a situation where a person with disabilities is having difficulty accessing the goods and service of Scholar’s Choice.
We will communicate with persons with disabilities in a respectful way taking into account their disability. We will provide copies of our applicable policies and procedures to the public when requested.